Darche Ridgeback Hardshell RTT Canvas
For ultimate roof top quality and comfort, look no further than the DARCHE Ridgeback series. This flagship aluminium hard shell roof top tent range delivers every bit of quality engineering and construction that you’ve come to expect from DARCHE – all in a stunning aluminium shell.
The Ridgeback series body tent comes in two material options – our premier ECO recycled polyester, made using recycled plastic waste and saving around 185 bottles from landfill per tent, as well as a traditional canvas body.
Ridgeback’s aerodynamic design will turn heads on the road. Its unique profile and compact design reduces wind drag and overall vehicle height, perfect for lifted vehicles navigating the urban jungle between off-road adventures.
The high-spec build gives you unparalleled quality including German-engineered Stabilus struts that provide effortless set up and pack down assistance. With a flick of the latches, this simple one-person set up will have you stargazing in seconds.
The interior is full of innovation too, including a plush 55mm memory foam mattress with a removable cover and water-resistant base, plus a 10mm high rebound anti-condensation mat that will give you the most comfortable night’s sleep you’ve ever had on the road. The interior also features internal USB powered LED lighting that has been laboratory tested to ensure compliance with all Electro Magnetic Compatibility and User Safety standards.
There is plenty of room inside to keep you cool and comfortable. The removable fly and built-in air vents reduce condensation and provide excellent airflow, even in rainy weather. There are three full size entry points and a zippered sky window that will give you plenty of ventilation as you drift off under the starry night sky.
The Ridgeback body tent is made from premium 280gsm ripstop polycotton canvas. This tent has an impressive 3000mm water rating, high profile automotive rubber weather seals, internal seam sealing and a removable fly that will keep you dry in extended rainy conditions With roof rails accessory kits available (sold separately), the Ridgeback delivers everything you’ll ever need in a hard shell roof top tent and more. The included mounting brackets suit most commercially available flat roof rack or roof rail systems. Make sure to check the weight rating and suitability of your roof rack and vehicle with appropriate manufacturers prior to purchase. We recommend professional installation through your local 4WD centre or ask your DARCHE dealer for advice about installation.
- Aerodynamic aluminium profile design and construction
- Class leading interior room and natural light
- Internal USB powered LED lighting (battery not included)
- Premium quality 280gsm ripstop polycotton canvas
- German-engineered Stabilus gas struts for effortless set up and pack down
- Exceptional ventilation with zippered sky window, built-in air vents and three full-width doors
- Fine insect mesh on all windows
- Easy-action 2.3m aluminium telescopic ladder will suit most vehicle heights (max vehicle/bed base height 2.2m
- Internal side and roof storage pockets to stash your gear
- All-season protection including high profile automotive rubber weather seals, taped seams, twin needle stitching and removable fly
- Heavy-duty construction including self-repairing coil zips and reinforced stitching on all stress points
- UV50+ protection
- Roof rails accessory kit available
|Sleeping Capacity:||2 Person|
|External Dimensions [open]:||2560L x 1360W x 1720H mm|
|Sleeping Area:||2000L x 1300W x 1440H mm|
|Mat Thickness:||55mm Memory Foam Plus 10mm Rebound Anti-condensation Mat|
|Shell Material:||No.6 series Aluminium|
|Material:||280gsm Ripstop Polycotton Canvas|
|Fly Material:||420D Polyester Oxford Ripstop|
|Base Material:||Heavy-Duty Aluminium Honeycomb Insulation Panel|
|Waterhead Rating Canvas:||3000mm Water Rated|
|Waterhead Rating Fly:||3000mm Water Rated|
|Packed Dimensions:||2160L x 1360W x 215H (280H with Roof Rails)|
|Weight:||85kg (excluding Ladder and Roof Rails)|