Is this the best value quality 4WD Winch?
The versatile design of the Bushranger REVO Winch maximises the ease of installation with 16 Gearbox clocking positions (resulting in 22.5-degree increments) and a multi-mount Control Box. The wire version is supplied with a robust roller fairlead setup incorporating durable stainless steel rollers, while the synthetic version comes standard with the legendary two-position aluminium Hawse Fairlead, which was an innovation first introduced by Bushranger. A wireless hand controller rounds out the premium synthetic version, allowing for reliable, no delay, the cord-free operation of the winch, giving you the freedom to maneuver around the vehicle without the limitations and tangles. The Bushranger REVO Winch has a limited lifetime mechanical warranty and seven-year electrical warranty.
Bushranger REVO 12v Winch Features
- Premium Motor design | Series wound, 12V, 5.2HP motor made with high-grade materials resulting in low current draw and longer life at extreme load.
- Clock-able motor housing | 4 position motor clocking for versatility during fitting
- Multi-mount control box | for easier installation
- No-lift clutch | easy to use spring-loaded cam style clutch mechanism
- Tough Design | strong and lightweight aluminium alloy housings with durable black powder coat finish
- Zero brake drag | Zero drag braking system allows for the winch to be powered out under no load without heat build-up, making unspooling a breeze.
- 4 stage oversized gearbox | designed for maximum strength and durability. Extra-wide gears improve load distribution resulting in less wear and increased long term reliability. Externally adjustable, 16 position gearbox clocking for ease of fitment and use.
- Gearbox mounted braking system | 100% load holding, proportional friction braking system located inside the gearbox, away from the drum – eliminating heat transfer to synthetic rope.
- Waterproof | Fully sealed motor, gearbox and drum for maximum protection from water, dust and debris.
- Control box | Multiple mounting orientations to suit every installation. Supplied with additional mounting bracket for hassle-free installation.
- 500A Contactor | Heavy-duty sealed contractor reliably distributes power with minimal voltage drops.
- In-Line/Off-set Hawse Fairlead | Innovative two-position, aircraft-grade aluminium design to suit in-line and off-set mounting requirements.
- Synthetic Rope | Premium, 10mm synthetic rope paired with a ½” removable clevis hook
- Wireless Hand Controller | Full sealed, IP67 rated, ergonomic hand controller with long-range. Sealed 433MHz wireless receiver mounted internally to control box.
Unsealed 4X4 Review of the Bushranger 4X4 REVO Winch
The Bushranger REVO 10S is rated at 10,000lbs, which is 4536kg in real units. Rule of thumb is to have your winch rated at somewhere between 1.5x and 2x the GVM of your 4X4. That makes the REVO 10S perfect for a typical three-tonne dual-cab ute or wagon. The 12V motor is rated at 5.2HP and is claimed to be IP67 sealed against dust and water ingress, which means zero dust ingress and no harmful amount of water ingress at one-metre depth for half an hour.